These ongoing drop-in group sessions are about how we can be peaceful as we take the wellness journey. Some may be trying to lose weight and some may be wanting to relieve their stress. In all, stress does affect our ability to lose weight and experience wellness.
This group meets with Deb via video conferencing in a joint session with our in-person Madison, Wisconsin group.. It is your choice which meeting(s) you will attend. Deb will present weekly topics that may include a guest speaker, meditations to download, worksheets and exercises, and of course the support of others who are on the path with you. An email group will be provided so you can discuss with other participants what you are learning, or what areas you are needing support.
NOTE: Sessions will not be recorded.
This group will get together to meet, share, support, and practice movement and meditation. We’ll be incorporating the following: de-stressing with relaxation techniques, exploring our thoughts and emotions, inviting in meditation & mindfulness, learning to mindfully eat, and enjoying other wellness activities.
This is not a group where we will tell others how they should walk their wellness journey. We come together simply to support one another on a peaceful path, whatever our personal choices may be and any mistakes we may make along the way. We’re here to practice loving-kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
Special Book Study October – December 2019
Please note that this group is now closed to new members for the duration of the current book study. Our next book study will start in January 2020 and you may join then.
The syllabus for reading the book is as follows. Be sure to pick up your copy of the book either on Amazon (in print or on Kindle), your local bookstore or the library.
Read what you can, but don’t aim for perfection! Hence, why we are reading this book! You are welcome to join us at any time your schedule permits. We start off the session with discussion of the previous week’s readings. Then, we begin reading together the current week’s readings.
“Present Perfect” by Pavel Somov, PH. D.
- October 11th – Introduction, Part 1: Introduction to Perfectionism in General and To Your Perfectionism Particular and 1. 360 degrees of Perfectionism
- October 18th – Part 2: Perfectly Imperfect, Completely Incomplete, and Just So, 2. Broadening the Meaning of Perfection
- October 25th– 3. Perfectly Imperfect: From Dualities and Dichotomies to Suchness, 4. Completely Incomplete: A Process View of Perfection
- November 1st– Part 3: Overcoming Mindlessness, Guilt, Shame, and Motivational Apathy, 5. The Rehabilitation of Conscious Choice, 6. Finding Perfection in a Mistake
- November 8th– 7. From Guilt to Regret: Rediscovering Motivational Innocence, 8. From Resentment and Reluctance to Renewed Enthusiasm
- November 15th– Part 4: Rehabilitation of Your Self-View, 9. From Self-Esteem to Self-Acceptance, 10. Breaking Away from the Mirror: Dis-Identification and Re-Identification
- November 22nd– Part 5: Time, Performance and Uncertainty, 11. From Here to Here: Developing a Healthy Relationship with Time, 12. From Outcome to Process: In Search of Perfect Performance
- November 29th – NO MEETING – Reading Catch-up Week
- December 6th– 13. Embracing the Uncertainty of the Future, 14. Beyond Certainty: Cultivating the Don’t-Know Mind
- December 13th – Last session for 2019. – Part 6: Coexistence, Compassion, Connection, 15. From Social Vacuum to Compassionate Coexistence
Most sessions are held Fridays at 10 am Central Time. Other sessions may be held on a weekday evening.
You need to register for your desired session at least 2 hours in advance so the webinar room is available.
Long Distance Option Available via Zoom. Please note you do NOT have to register for a Zoom account nor pay for a Zoom account. You will automatically be sent a link to participate. You will still need to pay the $10 weekly session fee and the registration link will allow you to choose one or more sessions to register and pay for.
Check your Time Zone here.
Click the topic title to read the full description of the session and to register.